Yes, one week has passed since my last post. Yes, I need to get more motivated at posting every day (or least every other day!) And yes, I bring you more exciting and useless facts about me.
"100 Things About Me" (31-40):
31. I entered my first pageant when I was a senior in high school.
32. According to "Toddlers and Tiaras," I was a late bloomer. Basically over the hill at age 18.
33. My first attempt at a pageant title was in the '80's at the Miss Illinois T.E.E.N. Pageant.
34. T.E.E.N. was an acronym for Teens Encouraging Excellence Nationally.
35. If by "excellence", they meant a 2.9 grade point average and star of the badminton team, then I was sure to win!
36. Sadly, that is so not what they meant by excellence (sadly, I was also not the star of the badminton team so much as a second string player but in my mind I WAS the star.)
37. I guess being in the honor society, president of student council, captain of the cheerleading squad and working weekends to help save the world was more what they had in mind.
38. Who knew?
39. The judges, that's who.
40. Needless to say, my name was not called out as a Top 15 finalist.
And on that downer down memory lane, I bid you all a great day!