Friday, November 6, 2009

It's Fun Being Sick

For the past two weeks, like so many other families, we have been sick. Currently, I'm the one who is down for the count. Besides driving Ben to and from school, I've mostly been home doing mostly nothing. I think I'm coming down with cabin fever, along with this hacking cough and chest congestion. Yes, I definitely have cabin fever.

Or the plague.

Anyway, since I haven't been out of the house much and haven't felt like doing much, my 29 Day Giving Challenge has taken a backseat to all the fun we're having being sick. That's right, fun. Yes, being sick can be fun with the right attitude.

The sick-fun possibilities are endless!

Here are just a few of the perks that await you: you get to stay in your pajamas ALL day (and not just until 3:00 pm like on healthy days); you get to eat whatever you have a taste for, which may or may not include large quantities of Halloween candy and caramel apples; you get to watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta marathon in anticipation of the season premiere of the Real Housewives of Orange County, which everyone knows is by far the superior of the Housewives series; you get to take a hot bath AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT because it eases your aches and pains AND you can stay in the tub in the bathroom with the door locked for AS LONG AS YOU WANT and nobody can complain because, after all, you are sick; you get to put your domestic responsibilities temporarily on hold because when you have the plague, a messy house and dirty dishes are the least of your worries; you get to nap, nap, nap your day away; and finally, when you're sick, you get to do......nothing!

I know, I know. As Moms, we don't ever really get to do "nothing." But when we're sick, it's as close to "doing nothing" as motherhood will allow.

Don't get me wrong, I don't prefer being sick. But it's pretty much inevitable, so I like to approach my unhealthyness (it could be a word) with a positive attitude and as much gratitude as my immune system will allow.

I'm a "the glass in half full" kind of girl. I'm upbeat like that. But you already knew that about me right?

Back to my giving challenge. I'm continuing to walk that road but in the comfort of my home wearing my pj's and with a big bowl of Kit Kats in front of me. Sitting on the couch playing Barbies with Ali and reading a book to Ben counts as giving, right?

This is obviously not me reading to Ben but it is Ben reading. Doesn't he look all serious in his 3-D reading glasses?


And now, back to my sick-fun!

I think I'll take a nap......or a bath......or both.






1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you are sick. I can't believe that I missed Real Housewives of OC (the only one that I watch). DRATS!! I hope they air it again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete