Monday, October 5, 2009

A Slow Start

My plan today was to begin my transformation into a domestic diva. Or at least to try to find my super hero Mom cape under the huge pile of laundry calling my name. Come to think of it, I don't think I own a super hero Mom cape.

Maybe that's why I stink at all things domestic.

No. It's because I lack direction. And a plan. Remember? Please stay focused. I obviously can't, so you will have to, ok?

So, because of the whole lacking direction and a plan thing, I didn't chart my chores for the week or tackle some serious messy closet issues. No, I spent 3 hours this morning visiting my favorite blogs. Sigh.

Please don't judge me.

I know. I know. Yesterday, I was all "I'm going to be a domestic diva! I'm going to be a domestic diva!" I was all prepared to bring it and get all up in my house's dirty grill. Really, I was. But then I woke up and I was tired. And it's Monday. And a few minutes on the computer couldn't hurt, I thought. The only problem with that last excuse, is that my brain doesn't understand "just a few minutes." It's like eating just one M & M. It's just not going to happen.

My only defense is that old habits die hard and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

And I couldn't find my super hero Mom cape. Of which I do not own.

On the upside, I did stumble upon a great blog that, not only makes me laugh out loud but also offers great domestic-y kind of advice. If you are in need of some domestic inspiration, head over to Mom's the Word . Her post today is so true and exactly what I needed to hear. Whew! There is so much to learn. But to my defense, I have only been a SAHM for 7 1/2 years. I really shouldn't be good at all this stuff yet.

Should I?

Finally, so that you don't think I'm a total domestic loser, I did accomplish one of my very important duties today. I went grocery shopping. Ooohhh!! Aaahh!! I will post about that memorable experience tomorrow.

I promise.

Unless I forget.

1 comment:

  1. One of the most liberating books I've read talks about individual gifts which are innate strengths. Not everyone has the same strengths and giftings. There are people out there with the gift to straighten the kitchen, do laundry, whip the kids rooms into shape, and serve dinner with a smile. We don't have to be wonderful at everything, we only have to be wonderful at what we're called to be. Once you grasp that, the pressure will fall off of you. Yeah, the house won't always be perfect, but there are areas where you are perfection!
    http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/blue-cotton-books/books-shelf-for-moms-with-sons/

    ReplyDelete